Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Ardmore Cliff stroll is a good looking family-friendly stroll in Ardmore County Waterford. Younger youngsters find it irresistible. We walked this cliff stroll route with our 3 younger kids. The stroll is steep in locations and has one small part with steps. Harmful sections are fenced off.
- 4km loop, Buggy Pleasant (aside from about 15/20 steps. We carried the buggy up these)
- We parked @cliffhousehotel (attempt to begin early as there aren’t many automotive areas)
- Lovely Coastal Views
- Espresso horsebox close to the tip
- It has a street strolling section- Care required
- Walks previous the spherical tower
Go to Goat Island Seaside after Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Goat Island Seaside It’s close by, such a good looking hidden gem with little caves. (The street down could be very lengthy and slender, I used to be glad I wasn’t driving 🙈🤪)
- Park here
- Restricted areas
- Very tight entry street
- Wonderful little hidden gem of a seaside
Lismore Citadel and Gardens
Lismore Citadel is so lovely and there’s additionally a playground beside the Carpark. The citadel and grounds fees can be seen here. Our children cherished exploring the gardens and low store treats.
Dromana Gate is a good looking Hindu fashion Gothic Gate Lodge. You’ll be able to park on both aspect of the bridge however be conscious of oncoming site visitors whereas strolling throughout it.
That is one among our favorite walks, that we do yearly. Lovely quick flat stroll to the waterfall which can be buggy Pleasant. Ensure that to name in to @crough_coffee earlier than/after for some tasty treats.
- Park here to stroll right down to Mahon falls (Free)
- Come early on the weekend, that is very busy
- 1.2 km stroll to the bottom of the waterfall
- Buggy friendly- Gravel path
- Have a picnic and dip your ft into the water on the finish
The Waterford Greenway is one among Waterford’s well-known walks and we find it irresistible. We now have walked the entire greenway earlier than we had youngsters. The Greenway is nice for youths that love bikes and scooters, even should you solely do a small part of it. If that is so, we advocate strolling by way of the tunnel part and exploring all of the fairy doorways.
This can be a practice journey, nice for youths and really enjoyable. They get somewhat map to tick off all of the various things they see alongside the way in which, the practice stops for a couple of minutes at a fairy village the place you keep on the practice and maintain a watch out for fairies.
- It value us €25 for 3 of us, youngsters below 3 go free
- 10 km practice journey
- Cease to view the fairy village on the way in which
- Carry ear muffs for smaller kids- it is extremely loud
Anne Valley Nature and Wildlife Stroll
Anne Valley Wildlife stroll is a good looking buggy Pleasant Stroll. We advocate bringing your child’s scooters/bikes. (Grownup bikes not allowed) You’ll be able to park on both aspect of the walk- Dunhill or Annestown Village. There may be additionally a parking mid-way at Dunhill Citadel. You’ll be able to climb up into the citadel the place you’ll be greeted with spectacular views.
The Vee Mountain Cross- Bay Lough
Bay Lough on the Knockmealdowns. This can be a Beautiful stroll to the lake. You’ll be able to entry the lake from the highest or backside automotive park. We walked up from the underside automotive park.
- The stroll is just not buggy pleasant
- It’s steep however our 4-year-old daughter walked all of it
- 500m from the car park here
- Wonderful lake and really quiet
- 1km from this car park here
We beforehand wrote a weblog put up right here on this so you may resolve for your self if it might swimsuit your loved ones. We hiked the Knockmealdowns in 2017 after we solely had one little hiker to hold. Like all mountains climb with care, on the summit, there’s a drop to at least one aspect, so if it’s foggy then flip round. Have the proper gear, navigation and many others with you. There may be additionally a bit of street strolling should you do the loop. The views are wonderful 🤩