Marriott Worldwide, Inc., at this time revealed its 2023 Serve 360 Report highlighting information as of year-end 2022 and shared the firm’s continued progress on its Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) efforts. Marriott’s sustainability and social affect platform, Serve 360: Doing Good in Each Path, guides the corporate’s efforts towards its 2025 Sustainability and Social Impression Objectives. The complete report will be accessed on the corporate’s Serve 360 web site. Key report takeaways will be seen within the video beneath.
“Since its founding in 1927, Marriott has positioned a precedence on serving its communities and making a constructive affect wherever we do enterprise,” stated Anthony Capuano, President and CEO, Marriott Worldwide. “With our measurement and world scale, we acknowledge the half we are able to play in driving significant change, which we imagine provides worth for our enterprise and for our clients. Marriott is integrating sustainability throughout resort operations, design, and its provide chain, offering humanitarian support to these in want, creating entry to alternative for underserved communities, and welcoming all who stroll by means of our doorways. We now have been unwavering in our give attention to driving change towards a extra sustainable and equitable future.” Marriott’s Serve 360 platform was launched in 2017 in help of the United Nations’ Sustainable Growth Objectives. The 2023 report highlights progress made by Marriott and its properties across the globe, together with:
Strengthening Environmental Stewardship
- Dedicated to set a near-term science-based emissions discount goal and set a long-term science-based goal to achieve net-zero emissions by no later than 2050.
- Developed a program to speed up the set up and adoption of electrical car (EV) charging stations at lodges throughout the globe; as of year-end 2022, over 5,500 EV chargers have been put in at Marriott properties worldwide.
- Transitioning to residential-sized bathtub facilities, which the corporate expects will stop round 500 million small bathtub amenity bottles from going to landfills annually when totally carried out.
- Supported mangrove restoration in Mexico and the UAE, reforestation within the U.S., and renewal of fisheries in Thailand and South America, serving to to advertise ecosystem resilience and shield biodiversity.
Stepping Up Social Impression
- Allotted $50 million to extend resort possession amongst traditionally underrepresented teams by means of “Marriott’s Bridging the Hole” improvement program within the U.S. and Canada.
- Educated over a million managed and franchised associates since 2016 to acknowledge and reply to the indicators of human trafficking.
- Spent practically $660 million with various suppliers throughout the Marriott portfolio in 2022.
- With The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Basis, contributed over $5 million to help these impacted by the warfare in Ukraine in 2022 and $2 million to help these affected by the earthquakes in Türkiye and Syria in 2023 by means of the Marriott Catastrophe Aid Fund, Marriott Bonvoy factors donations, money and in-kind giving by lodges.
- Volunteered greater than 1.6 million hours in native communities around the globe in 2022.
Driving Range in Management
- 8 of 13 members on Marriott Worldwide’s Board of Administrators are girls and/or folks of colour as of Might 12, 2023.
- Ladies made up 47% of Marriott’s world executives (VP degree and above) at year-end 2022, with a objective to achieve government gender parity by year-end 2023.
- Folks of colour maintain 22% of U.S. government positions with a objective of accelerating various illustration to 25% by year-end 2025.